1. Provides reports, statistical and financial data as required to provide budget status information and support in new budget preparation.
2. Supervises and reviews the preparation of quarterly financial statements and year end closing.
3. Meets regularly with the College constituencies and user groups to make recommendations on matters of budget development, implementation and administration.
4. Plans for and directs accurate and appropriate compliance with all State, Federal and local laws, Board policies and regulations governing the financial operations of the district.
5. Supervises the maintenance of records of expenditures, income and balances of all appropriations.
6. Manages and supervises the Accounts Payable Unit to ensure accurate and timely payments.
7. Supervise District Business Office staff and insures the proper application of internal control processes.
8. Supervises and directs the accounting functions of the District and develops new procedures or accounting programs as needed, including the control and accounting for all funds in the District budget.
9. Establish and maintain an accounting system for all District funds according to the provisions of the California Community College Budget and Accounting and manual, City and County of San Francisco Financial Accounting and Management Information System (FAMIS), and applicable District, County, State, and Federal requirements.
10. Coordinate the District's participation in the external audit process including, but not limited to, the following activities: coordinate the activities of the auditor's selection process; serve as the District's liaison to the auditors and review audit report findings/recommendations; and advise the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration on the matters requiring the attention of the District.
11. Coordinate the implementation of the auditor's recommendations, as directed by the Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration.
12. Directs the development and maintenance of an on-going banking management plan.
13. When necessary, represent the District in matters relating to insurance coverage, claims, and premiums.
14. Serves on state and regional budget and financial services committees, as well as District budget-related committees.
15. In accordance with District policies, union contracts, and procedures, supervises and evaluates performance of classified staff; reviews and approves documents/forms necessary to effectuate assignments and pay of personnel under their supervision.
16. Conduct staff development workshops and in-service training on business related issues.
17. Serve on appropriate college committees.
18. Attend state and local conferences, workshops, and meetings; when necessary represent the College at Chief Business Officers meetings in the region and in the State.
19. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration.