The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in a directly related field or equivalent, and five years increasingly responsible work in directly related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job, including but not limited to those listed below:
- Knowledge and experience in the principles and methods of loss prevention & control, safety, risk management, and local government administration
- Comprehensive experience in local and California environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and techniques of training
- Analyzing, developing, and implementing policies/procedures
- Problem identification, solution recommendation and implementation
- High intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and good public relations with other employees, agencies, members and the public
- Excellent presentation skills
Advanced educational training in fields related to loss prevention/control, occupational health and safety, business administration, or public administration is highly desirable. Progression toward one or more of the following certifications is also highly desirable: ARM, CSP, ASP, CIH (if combined with a CSP), ALCM, or COHN-S.
Physical requirements of this position typically include: reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move.
A valid California Driver’s license is required. Proof of auto insurance with no business exclusion is required. Possession of SIP certification issued by the State of California is required.
Interested persons must submit a resume and a completed application to the Human Resources Manager at CSAC Excess Insurance Authority. Please visit our website at www.csac-eia.org to obtain an application. Please submit the entire application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled.