Responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the development and implementation of the District's budgets, fiscal services, accounting system; supervising the District's accounting and bookkeeping activities; supporting the establishment and ongoing maintenance of bond program accounting; performing professional budget and accounting activities in the establishment and maintenance of accounts and records, preparing fiscal reports; and doing related work as required.
- Supervising and evaluating the Coordinator of Fiscal Services, accounts payable and accounts receivable staff, and payroll operations.
- Organizing and directing the preparation of annual budgets.
- Making recommendations to the Deputy Superintendent and staff on matters of policy, procedures and changes in legislation.
- Developing district-wide internal control procedures.
- Performing internal audits.
- Providing direction to ensure that correct payroll is executed.
- Working with Deputy Superintendent and legal counsel on legal interpretations of legislation, laws, and codes relating to school finance.
- Reviewing and approving purchase orders.
- Collaborating with and advising site personnel about budgets and other fiscal matters.
- Advising the Deputy Superintendent on the financial status of the District.
- Advising the Deputy Superintendent and working with the District negotiator(s) on fiscal matters.
- Developing workshops for staff in the areas of student body, governmental accounting, budgeting, internal auditing, and other financial support segments.
- Preparing district calculations associated with the Local Control Funding Formula, and special education calculations.
- Collaborating with Educational Services in the development of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP); Preparing, discussing and monitoring the Supplemental/Concentration Funding Budgets.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Superintendent and Director of Facilities and Construction, prepares budgets and accounts to support the Bond Program.
- In collaboration with Deputy Superintendent, prepares the data for credit ratings and bond issuances.
- Ensuring fiscal compliance with the Education Code.
- Setting goals and directions related to fiscal services.
- Assisting in the risk management of the District.
- Leading in the implementation of automation and efficient practices.
Accounting, budgetary, and auditing principles, and procedures especially as they pertain to governmental and school district accounting; financial analyses and research methodology and procedures; California School Finance; personal financial planning; AB 1200; principles of supervising and training.
Effectively and efficiently plan and manage fiscal services, and work in close collaboration with all Business Services Departments, Educational Services, school site leadership, Human Resources, and community partners. Contribute to a positive working environment. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and private agencies and district staff members. Develop pertinent financial data clearly and concisely, analyze, interpret, and implement legal and administrative laws, rules, and regulations.
Training and Experience:
Degree in business, accounting, or finance with an emphasis in accounting and data processing. Six years of progressively responsible management experience in public education. Management experience in budgeting and accounting operations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
225 days, Management Salary Schedule