Under direction, assists in the supervision of the Custodial and Landscaping Departments; assists in the organization and implementation of the district-wide facilities assessment program including those assessments defined in the Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); participates in the implementation of all compliance activities related to statutes and regulations set forth by all applicable regulatory agencies; acts as construction/project manager on designated maintenance and facilities improvement projects.
• Knowledge of the methods and principals of project design and construction, landscape maintenance and commercial building maintenance.
• Knowledge of modern supervising practices and principles.
• Knowledge of the general mandate of the ADA and the basic principles of facility accessibility.
• Knowledge of construction management and supervisory principles and practices.
• Knowledge of fundamental practices and procedures of hazardous materials control.
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations.
• Skill in maintaining accurate records and preparing detailed reports.
• Ability to assemble and analyze data and make appropriate recommendations for action.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
• Ability to cope with emergency situations.
• Knowledge of school district operations and procedures.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• A combination of education and experience equivalent to two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in grounds/facility construction or maintenance and/or the administration of facility compliance programs.
• Successful technical experience preferably related to facility maintenance, design or construction and the control and abatement of hazardous materials.
• Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
• Ability to secure a current AHERA Building Inspection and Management Planning Accreditation.
All completed application packets will be reviewed and screened in Personnel Services. Those applicants rated as the most qualified, based on the application packet, will be invited for an oral interview. The top candidates will be asked to return for a final interview.
All application packets must be submitted to Personnel Services by the deadline. Packet must include:
the completed application form and supplemental questionnaire,
a personal letter of interest,
a resume including background information, educational experience and achievements, and community and professional involvement;
and one current (less than one year old) letter of recommendation
Additional Salary Information: District Paid Benefits, 24 days vacation, 13 paid holidays
About Mt. Diablo Unified School District
The Mt. Diablo Unified School District Personnel Services Department is dedicated to securing highly qualified and dedicated administrators, teachers, and support staff, for the children of our District. We actively recruit applicants whose first concern is helping all students reach their full potential. We value diversity and strive to recruit a workforce reflective of the society in which our students live. We are also committed to keeping our employees by providing an excellent working environment.