Job Purpose Statement/s: The job of "Buyer" is done for the purpose/s of acquiring the necessary resources to support District operations; assuring that District revenue is accurately and effectively utilized; providing instruction and guidance on order processing; ensuring audit trail and reference documentation of purchases; and ensuring compliance with related bidding regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
* Advises other personnel, vendors and contractors for the purpose of providing instruction and guidance on order processing.
* Authorizes requisitions, change orders, stores inventory purchases, etc. for the purpose of ensuring proper use of district funds in the acquisition of supplies, equipment and services.
* Monitors and maintains fixed asset inventory control for the purpose of ensuring an audit trail and minimizing losses.
* Monitors purchase orders, contracts, bids and budgetary expenditures for the purpose of ensuring accurate allocation of funds, adherence to fiscal regulations, and compliance with State/Federal bidding regulations.
* Processes documents (purchase orders, requisitions, contracts, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the acquisition of supplies, equipment and services.
* Procures supplies, equipment and services for the purpose of acquiring necessary resources to support district operations.
* Reconciles purchase orders to receiving documents for the purpose of ensuring accuracy.
* Researches and resolves discrepancies for the purpose of ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Maintains adequate stock levels of stores inventory for the purpose of ensuring availability of product.
* Solicits and negotiates bids for the purpose of procuring supplies, equipment and services.
* Prepares documentation (e.g. Board Agenda items, procedure manuals, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
Other Job Functions:
* Attends various meetings (e.g. district, site, county, etc.) for the purpose of communicating and/or gathering information.
Job Requirements - Qualifications:
* Experience Required: Prior job related experience in public agency or related field.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skill to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications, use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, perform basic arithmetic calculations. Communicate effectively, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, students, school administrators, the community, and vendors.
Knowledge of standard purchasing practices.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, understand and carry out oral and written instructions; to make common sense decisions in routine and critical situations; accurately maintain detailed records. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity.
(any attachments must be scanned and forwarded with your on-line application)
Additional Salary Information: Employees new to the District are allowed salary schedule placement credit for up to two (2) years of previous experience with a maximum salary schedule entry placement for step three (3). Salary Placement: $4,063 (Step 1) - $4,485 (Step 3).
The San Marcos Unified School District is an innovative and collaborative community providing an unparalleled educational experience. Through an engaging and supportive environment, all our students are challenged, inspired, and poised to excel.