The district was founded in 1967, serves more than 60,000 students, employs 3,000 staff, and has three campuses: Saddleback College (Mission Viejo); Irvine Valley College (Irvine); Advanced Technology & Education Park (Tustin).
The district stretches over a 350-square-mile area with nearly one million residents. Orange County enjoys a temperate climate, world-class beaches, theme parks, and cultural sites.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
HUMAN RESOURCES CONTACT
Susan Kwan 949.582.4577 firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Board of Trustees seeks a proven leader committed to student and institutional excellence. The Chancellor serves as Chief Executive Officer and reports directly to the board. The successful candidate will have at least:
• An earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university
in business or public administration or related field. Doctorate preferred.
• Five years of senior level experience at a large and complex organization, preferably a multi-campus higher educational institution.
• Experience in teaching or student services, and/or providing support or the roles of faculty, instruction and student services, in a higher education environment.
• Experience working with a diverse board in an effective governance model including collective bargaining.
• Experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of the role of community colleges in economic and workforce development.
About South Orange County Community College District
Be a part of the South Orange County Community College District team! We are always seeking highly qualified people to join our organization. If you have a passion for excellence and a commitment to preparing students for the highly competitive, global workplace, we invite you to apply for a position with the District.
Located in Orange County, in one of the most beautiful coastal regions of... Southern California, South Orange County Community College District enjoys easy access to Los Angeles, San Diego, Palm Springs and the region's justly celebrated beaches, mountains and deserts.